How can you get here?
By Car: Take Mexico’s International Highway 15 south from Nogales, Arizona or north from Mazatlan, Sinaloa to Navojoa. This is a well-maintained toll road with 4-lanes, regular gas stations, and vending machines and fairly clean restrooms at all toll booths. In Navojoa, turn east at the intersection where you will see the Toyota dealership on the SW corner, north of the Volkswagen dealership and drive 35 miles. This highway (2-lane) will lead right to the center of Alamos. Hacienda de Los Santos is two blocks beyond the Plaza and church.
Click here for driving directions from Tucson, Arizona
Getting Here By Bus
- Direct and economical first class bus service is available from Phoenix, Tucson or Nogales to Alamos daily. As well you can catch any bus going to points further south in Mexico, like Mazatlan, get off in Navojoa and connect with one of the hourly TBC buses running to Alamos during daytime hours. Bus lines have different bus terminals but all are central and either a short walk or taxi ride to the TBC line that runs to Alamos. Most buses have Wi-Fi connections.
- ALBATROS Tel.(647) 428-0096 in Alamos. The direct bus service from Alamos to Tucson and Phoenix departs once daily at 9:15pm.
- In Tucson, call the ALBATROSS terminal, 1428 South 6th Ave., Tel. (520) 903-2801 for their current schedules and fares. As of the time of this writing, the bus leaves from Tucson at 6:30pm
- In Phoenix the ALBATROS bus terminal is at 1225 South 7th Street, Tel. (602) 258-2445. The bus leaves Phoenix at around 4 pm.
- Tufesa Bus Linesstarts in Phoenix and goes as far as Navojoa where you can switch to the TBC line into Alamos The TBC station is one block away from Tufesa. This line is faster and a few dollars more expensive.
- The trip runs between 12 and 15 hours with approximately five stops at bus stations along the route, including a stop at the international border. . Contact in Phoenix: 602-415-9900 at 1614 No. 27th Avenue, Phoenix.
- As a visitor to Mexico you will need a tourist visa so you must carry either your birth certificate and picture I.D. such as a driver’s license or passport as proof of citizenship. You can obtain a visa in Nogales, Mexico when the bus stops at the border or you may want to get it ahead of time by checking with the Mexican consulate in Tucson, 553 S. Stone Avenue, Tel. (520) 882-5595.
By Commercial Airline: The closest commercial airport to Alamos is located in Ciudad Obregon, Sonora. Flights are also available through Phoenix on AeroMexico, with a stop in Hermosillo and final stop at Ciudad Obregon. Other airlines serving the Ciudad Obregon International Airport include Interjet, VivaAerobus and Aerocalafia. More than 70 flights a day are available to Cabo San Lucas from the U.S. with connecting flights to Ciudad Obregon. Taxis are available from the Ciudad Obregon Airport and many Hacienda de los Santos packages include round-trip transportation in a hotel van with a bilingual driver. Most guests find they do not have a need for a car after arriving in Alamos.
For a list of Mexico’s Airports, Airlines & Schedules in English, click here.
From NY/East Coast & Chicago/Mid-west, travel non-stop to Mexico City and then on Aeromexico to Ciudad Obregon. Alternatives include flying to Phoenix on America West and then non-stop to Guaymas Airport or Hermosillo and Ciudad Obregon Airports.
From West Coast, fly to Hermosillo for connecting flight to Ciudad Obregon. The hotel is 75 minutes from Ciudad Obregon and transfers are available.
Click here for a map of cities offering air links to Ciudad Obregon.
By Private Aircraft:
Note: If you are planning a flight or need General Aviation Information, please click herefor printable information and guidelines.
Alamos has a new 5,000′ paved runway which can accommodate turbo-prop and jet aircraft. The newly expanded paved parking areas can accommodate more than 50 aircraft and hangar parking is available for single engine, piston aircraft. The Alamos Airport is secure and has military and other security present 24/7
Hangar space is offered complimentary in the Hacienda de los Santos hangar on a “first come” basis to single engine aircraft. Transportation to and from the Alamos Airport (MM-45) is at no charge, providing the resort has been notified.