Christmas Day Experience 2014
P.J.’s and Hacienda Robes are the dress code for our Christmas morning buffet in the toasty warm El Agave Café. Yes, no kidding! The Hacienda is your Holiday Home and we celebrate breakfast in comfort. This custom is optional, but it really is lots of fun for those who do participate. Most of us dine around 9:00 a.m., but the buffet is open from 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. You are always welcome to sit down at a large round table and join other guests who are looking for fun conversation. Talking about your travels and comparing notes is always a hot topic at the Hacienda. Of course, it’s quite okay to sleep in and enjoy your down-filled comforter along with the crackle of your fireplace…
- No morning walk is on the schedule today. This is a great day to enjoy a book or a wonderful treatment in La Dulce Vida Spa. Typical weather is cool in the morning and evening, but warm during the day.
- Starting at noon, the Chef will be grilling fillings for tacos on the mesquite wood-burning grill at El Agave Café patio. Have a little or have a lot. There will be salads and ranch beans on the side, with Christmas cookies and fresh fruit kabobs for dessert.
- A double-feature movie will be shown in the Hacienda Theater starting at 1:30 p.m. Of course, there will be popcorn and you can get comfy on the sofas up in front. Movie selections are on the board outside of the Theater. (There will be a fifteen-minute break between the films.)
- Christmas evening we will join again at the Sugar Mill portal for Christmas Dinner.
- Los Hacendados will be playing their customary great music from 6:30 p.m. till 8:30 p.m.
- Communal Table will dine at 7:30 p.m.
We usually find this to be a rather mellow, but joyous, evening that brings the Christmas Holidays to a close for most of us. Dress is Casual Elegant.
Christmas Day Evening Menu
Mini Pork Tamale
Flute of Champagne
Romaine Greens, from our Organic Garden, Pink Grapefruit, Oranges, Jícama, Pomegranate Seeds and Toasted Pumpkin Seeds with Poppy-seed Dressing
Bolillo with Rosemary/Chive Butter
Cream of Cilantro Soup
Standing Prime Rib of Beef with a Garlic, Pepper-Corn Crust and Horseradish Sauce,
Roasted to Your Liking
Fresh Green Beans with Toasted Pine Nuts
Buche de Noel Cake with Rich Vanilla Ice Cream or
Warm Apple Pie topped with Cheddar Cheese or Ice Cream
Coffee or Tea
Adults $32.00 USD, Children (Under 12) $10.00 USD Per person plus tax & gratuity
Dinner Seating Time: 6:30-9:30 p.m.
The table is yours for the entire evening.